Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) operation cut across almost all sectors of the economy and sustain the majority of households. Their activities form a breeding ground for businesses to thrive and provide one of the most prolific sources of employment.
SMEs are among the leading drivers of growth, innovation, and employment in most parts of Africa. They represent more than 80% of businesses in Kenya and employ up to 75% of the active working population.
The programme aims to give entrepreneurs tools and skills to:
- Recognize and take advantage of business opportunities
- Expand their potential by growing and scaling up their businesses
- Develop socially responsible and viable businesses
- Develop innovative practices
- Foster successful business entrepreneurship in the region